Wednesday 11 September 2013

Rainbow Gecko Gallery Creating A Studio

Hi Readers, 
I just wanted to share with you where I create...I started out getting serious about mixed media art about a year ago ( I have always been arty just didn't fit into anything particular just had my own style). I started creating some watercolour works on a foldaway table of a night....

This was one of my first artworks it includes watercolours, gel pens, markers, metallic and glitter pens..

I had a small room under the house I turned into my little studio...it was what space I could use and I tried to make the most of it...I am too messy to paint inside and my young daughter ( who loves all my supplies ) constantly rummages through everything....so the majority of my art was made in this room....

Yes.. It is a shed, and yes that is sunlight coming through..although it never leaked...As I said I made do with what i had...

So we had the opportunity to move into a new house, where I had a whole garage-sized room to set up a studio ( DREAM COME TRUE ) obviously we moved and this is what it started out as...

It doesn't look like much i know it's a work in progress...
I have worked hard to try and create a space where friends can come over and enjoy creating...i am always on the lookout to see what I can buy that will suit my space. I have found a few treasures which I use all the time...my indoor clothes drying rack ( which I use to dry my artwork ) and my paper rack ( found at the recycle shop ) 

This is a progress....I hated the cold concrete floor and it was stained, so I found some cheap carpet until I could afford some vinyl flooring. I covered the old doors with some sarongs ( this will be changed eventually to hand painted calico curtains ) Notice I still have my pink hanging pocket...a shoe holder I adapted for art supplies. 




This is where my little Rainbow Gecko Gallery is at NOW :) it has a few specialty features there is no running water so one of my many adaptations is this moveable kitchen bench turned washstand...



For washing brushes and a sink area to wash hands.... And my storage cupboard...

So my studio is still a work in progress...but this is the journey I have been on for the last year...I hope it inspires you to make the most of what you have to create with.
Thank You
Sarah
Rainbow Gecko Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment